FISCAL CLIFF AVOIDED! NOW WHAT?
Find out how the new tax regulations will affect businesses in the energy industry
“BEYOND THE FISCAL CLIFF” WEBINAR
Sponsored by the Massachusetts Oilheat Council
Presented by Gray, Gray & Gray, LLP
Before you breathe a big sigh of relief that Congress avoided plunging the nation over the “fiscal cliff,” you should know more about what the new tax legislation will mean for your oilheat or propane business, as well as the effect it will have on your individual taxes.
Gray, Gray & Gray closely monitored the negotiations and the language of the new bill. In this webinar recording, we explain to you who will benefit, and who will end up paying more in 2013.
Discover what lies “beyond the fiscal cliff” in this informative, one-hour session sponsored by the MOC. We cover important issues that affect businesses and individuals, including:
- Return of higher payroll tax
- Extension of business tax credits
- New tax rates for individuals earning $400,000 and couples earning $450,000
- Higher estate tax rate and new exemption level
- Permanent patch for AMT (alternative minimum tax)
- Capital gains tax rate hike
- Extension of personal tax credits
- Effect of the “marriage penalty” on personal taxes
- And don’t forget the tax increase this year from the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Start planning now to avoid these increases!